Saturday, March 13, 2010

In my cookie jar: Lemon cake cookies

My cookie jar was just about empty this morning, so it was time to do some cookie baking. Luckily it was the perfect kind of day for that.  Windy and rainy outside.  As I posted here, I am trying to find simple cookie recipes. One of my awesome clients brought me this recipe, along with some cookies to sample.  They were delish, and very simple to make!

All you need is  a lemon cake mix, 8oz. Cool whip and 1 egg. (or 2 eggwhites), and some powdered sugar.
 Mix the cake mix, egg and cool whip in a large bowl, drop by spoonfuls into powdered sugar (I used 1 cup to start with and just added a little as needed)
The mix is kind of gooey so I just used 2 spoons to roll it around in the sugar and pick it up and drop it onto cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, and wha-lah!
I have a feeling it won't be long before I am making cookies again.  We all love these!  They are light and airy and lemon treats get me in the mood for warmer weather.  I'm gonna go get me a couple with a glass of milk right now!


Once again, please share some easy cookie recipes if you have them too!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Between your lemon cookies and Norm's lemon bars we should be good to go for the July 4th get together.

Jennifer @ A Fine Romance said...

Love lemon cookies...bars...anything...

You're making my mouth water! Bummer that I don't have any lemon on hand. :(

Lisa - Fine Sweet Life said...

That is a super easy cookie recipe. Check out the Tried and True Recipe Section from a blog called Musings Of A Houswife at Musingsofahousewife.com I love her easy recipes. Especially her homemade brownies and chicken enchiladas. They are both excellent. Check it out and let me know what you think.