Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What's for dinner? Calzones!

Chicken, bacon, bbq calzones!

This is a twist on Tidymom's chicken bacon ranch calzones.
I did not have the chipotle  cheddar, or tomatoes and I had barely any ranch dressing, so I changed it up a bit with ingredients I do have.

I had pizza dough in the fridge that I needed to use.  If you are local, the pizza dough in the Acme bakery is great for this. Roll that out and cut it in 2, or 4. I just cut ours in half since this was just for Norm and I.  We grilled a whole chicken on Monday so I used leftover chicken, poured some bbq sauce over that, some shredded cheddar cheese and topped it with some cooked, bacon pieces. 
 Fold over the dough and press the edges together.  I used a fork.
Put in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until heated through and the dough is browned.
This was soo good!  Of course you can do this with any ingredients you like.  You could also just use the whole half of rolled out dough to put your ingredients fold it over and have a stromboli.  I'm going to try Tidymom's version as soon as I have what I need.

No comments: