Friday, March 26, 2010

What's for dinner? Shrimp Scampi


We all love shrimp!  Well, except for Nathan, who only likes it certain ways.  The other night I asked him how he would like his shrimp and he said "just with butter."  Umm, no way!  We did peel and eat shrimp one night and we all had melted butter and when he was done I caught him drinking his!  I mean, I like butter too but that's just gross!  So I figured Shrimp Scampi would suffice. Most recipes called for fresh shrimp, white wine or vermouth, fresh garlic,fresh lemon, and fresh parsley.....none of which I had.  So I used frozen, deveined, uncooked large shrimp, Thawed them in some cool water,tossed that in the pan with some melted butter....just enough to coat the bottom.  I added, some garlic granules, a squirt of RealLemon juice, a twist from the pepper grinder, and a shake of salt.  When the shrimp was just about done, I put about 3 tablespoons of butter in and some dried parsley.  By the time the butter melted the Shrimp was done.  
This was quick and delicious served with or over some pasta.  I used egg noodles and  also served asparagus.

I am sure the fresh ingredients taste even better , but sometimes  you just got to improvise.  This was soo good, I don't see the need to try it with fresh ingredients.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Yum! Jeffrey LOVES shrimp!

Jennifer @ A Fine Romance said...

That looks DELISH Kel. :)

Lisa - Fine Sweet Life said...

Yum! You need to invite me over for dinner, or we should just go for a girls dinner out and swap our fav recipes!

nateandkatesmom said...

Girls dinner out sounds good to me!

Infarrantly Creative said...

I am so sorry about not responding to your comment about the tip out trays. I didn't get it until today...long story. As far as the tip out trays...yes it is a kit. You can get it at Home Depot or something like that. And 3" is enough space I think.