Saturday, March 6, 2010

Little Mommy

Yes, I know I'm not tall, but I am not talking about myself.  Kaitlyn has become quite the little mommy.  She usually goes in phases playing with her dollies, but the last couple of months it has been pretty consistent.  Her favorites are her American Girl (Target version) dolls.  She dresses them every day, they have a high chair at the table, she puts them down for naps, buckles them in the car when we go out, and puts PJ's on them before putting them to bed.  It is very cute to see her role play like that and especially to hear some of the "mommy-ish" things she says.  The other day she had her "kid" down for a nap and she was eating lunch.  All of a sudden she jumps up all huffy and says, "Uggh...she's awake! Can't I get any peace and quiet!"  It was very funny!  I wonder where she's heard that before?? :-/


She will make  a wonderful Mommy someday....hopefully in about 20 years, after she is married.  God help me be the best role model I can for her.....I know I have a lot of improvements to make!
 
  
  
  
  
This is the newest kid, Sandy.  Kaitlyn bought her with some birthday money.  She's been an only child for the last few weeks.

4 comments:

Jennifer @ A Fine Romance said...

Aw, that is SO CUTE! Natalie is not a doll person...which kinda makes me sad. She's more of an artsy girl...would rather spend her time coloring or building things. Don't get me wrong, I love the art thing about her...just sometimes wonder why she isn't more into dollies like I was when I was her age. I wanted to be a Mommy in the worst way when I was little... :)

Karen said...

She must really like that purple dress! I'm glad she gets so much enjoyment out of all the doll clothes!! Such a sweetheart! Love you Kaitlyn!!! Grandmom XXXXOOOO

Karen said...

So precious. I love hearing the little comments from my kids as well. Of course, there is the occasional comment that is a good reflection in the mirror from things I say. OOPs. You are a fantastic mother and a wonderful role model for your children, Kelly.

Lisa - Fine Sweet Life said...

You definitely are a great role model. It shows through and through. Look how wonderful your two children are. Ya know....Kaitlyn would love a little sister...