Sunday, March 28, 2010

Racers, Start your engines!!

.....only there are no engines allowed in this race.  Just a block of wood and some axles and wheels that you must turn into a car.


Nathan had his Cub Scouts Pine Wood Derby this weekend.  It's the event of the year for cub scouts. 
Nathan was a bit more hands-on this year.  He chose the design of his car, he sanded, and painted his car.  Norm did all the technical stuff.  
Like the paint job?  Complete with lightning stripes and missels!
 Nathan, and his buddy, Thomas were excited about the race!
Nathan getting his car weighed.  5oz. on the money!  That is the weight allowance.
 Waiting for the race to begin.
 Nathan's car in lane 3.

Well despite all their effort, Nathan's car did not place this year.  I was proud of him for not getting upset.  He did, however, get an award certificate for the shiniest car!
He had fun and that is all that matters! Better luck next year buddy!

2 comments:

Karen said...

You're always # 1 with Grandmom and Grandpop sweetie!!!

Jennifer @ A Fine Romance said...

Ok so...I totally got teary when I saw your mom's comment...man, I must really be PMSing...lol Congratulations Nathan! Love your car, buddy! :)