I love Day Light Savings when it is time to spring forward, except for the whole losing an hour of sleep part.
Today, for a moment, I wished I could turn the clock back instead.....oh, about 7 1/2 years.
Nathan is usually the first one up in the morning in this house. Most days he is awake by 6:30. Today he slept in, probably because of the morning darkness we have now, and this gloomy day. I had to go in to wake him at 7:15 to get ready for school. He was sleeping like a baby with his face buried in his beloved Mickey Mouse. I climbed up the ladder to his loft bed and kissed his head. He was out! As I tried to lift him out of bed, (not easy to do these days) he sat up and arched his back and lifted his arms and stretched all the way out to his lips. I say that because he stretches his lips out into a pucker.....just the way he used to do when he was an infant and I would pick him up out of his crib. He would lift his arms and arch his back (while his little legs were still scrunched up) and he would stretch out his lips in a pucker and I would kiss, kiss, kiss them. Norm and I used to hurry to be the first one in to get him so we could do that! Oh, how I miss those days!
As I was waking my little boy this morning I was hit with unexpected emotion as I was reminded how fast he's grown up! I do enjoy celebrating all the milestones as the kids grow up, and the independence that they gain as they get older, but I just wish it would slow down a bit. It's just sad. :-(
No, I didn't try and rudely awaken him with a camera flash this morning. I took this tonight after he was asleep, because I just like post with pictures!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Kel,
You're making me cry! I hope he never gets too old to receive a kiss!! Love those sweet cheeks! Grandmom
Post a Comment