My cousin and bff, Sherry, found a bunch of old windows at a yard sale for CHEAP. Most people would not be interested in old rusted, paint chipped windows, but she saw an awesome way to frame pictures!
Isn't it cute!?!
She gave me one of the windows she bought, and though I love the picture frame idea, the window I got has odd size frames and the spot I wanted to put it is a bit dark to show off pictures, so here is what I came up with:
Here is the window before. I just cleaned it with windex and took off the metal piece that ran along one side.
I got out my trusty "Old Blue" and hot glued some fabric that I had to the back.
Here is how it turned out.
I can change the wreath with the seasons, so I'm liking this versatile option.
Now, It would be nice if I could get some sunlight pouring in through that window!
I am in search for the perfect table for that little landing area. The one I have there just isn't working for me. After all, I count this as part of my entryway.
Here are some pictures I've seen out in blog land and on the web of things to do with old windows:
Who knew you could make so much great stuff out of an old window?!?.......I did!
Kid’s Soccer Cleats as low as $14.39!
6 hours ago










4 comments:
I fell head over heels for that great little window turned picture frame in Sherry's house...been looking for one of my own now to replicate! Great post, Kel! :)
I have a couple old windows that I trash-picked back in Illinois over 10 years ago. We did have it hanging in our old house. so funny, i recently dragged it out but have yet to find time or inspiration to do something w/ it. thanks for the ideas. maybe in 5 yrs i'll get around to doing something w/ it, lol!
I love old windows! I often see them at the flea markets I visit here in Maine. I think I'll pick some up this summer and get crafting! Thanks for the inspiration!
Hey there!!! I came over from shabby nest...I have window's coming out my ears...I have coat hangers, towel hangers, picture frames, mirrors all with windows:) They are wonderful aren't they?
Post a Comment