Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cookies!

Since the kids had off the last couple of days, we've made some cookies.  It is something that they like to help me do...



















 .....as well as eating them!











I mean, who doesn't love freshly baked cookies??

Anyway, I've decided that I soo want to be that Mom who always makes cookies for her family and keeps the cookie jar full!  Here is the problem...I hate to bake!  I hate how you have to follow a recipe exactly, or it doesn't turn out and I hate the mess it leaves.  So gals, here is where you come in.  Do you have some easy..not a lot of ingredients cookie recipes??  I have this awesome Cake Mix Cookie recipe that my friend Amy gave me years ago that I use all the time...but I'd like to provide some variety.  So if you have some easy cookie recipes, please share them!  You can post them on your blog and link it to a comment or you can post a link to a recipe on the web or you can simply type out the recipe in a comment.
Help me keep my cookie jar full!


















I'll start by sharing the Cake Mix Cookie recipe.
You need:
1 chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup veg. oil
2 eggs


Mix that altogether and add whatever kind of chips you want. Drop on cookie sheet in rounded spoonfuls and bake for 9 minutes at 350 degrees.  Easy!
We made it with toffee pieces and peanut butter chips.


This works in a pinch:


















But of course home made is better, so I hope to get lots of recipes! 

2 comments:

Amy said...

Here's another one. You don't even have to turn on the oven! They are delicious and all ingredients you would probably have around the house!
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/No-Bake-Choco-Peanut-Oatmeal-Cookies/Detail.aspx

Lisa - Fine Sweet Life said...

This reminds me of the one you just posted, but lately I am digging the chocolate with peanut butter chips that is posted right on the back of the Nestles peanut butter chips bag. They are one of my favorites in the house.