Thursday, May 26, 2011

My little Monkey

Last night, the first grader's put on a performance called "It's a zoo here".  The children each picked an animal, they researched it, and with their parents help, made a costume of their animal.  Kaitlyn chose a monkey.  Which is appropriate because we've always said she was a little monkey because she likes to climb.
The kids performed a couple of songs and a poem for us. I could barely see Kaitlyn during the performance, but she did great!
Then they went out in the halls and stood in front of the habitat that they made. When people came by and pushed their "button", they had to read information about themselves from their research.

It was very cute!  The school year is just about over and this is the first time they have had the kids put on a show for us.  I sure do miss those Preschool and Kindergarten days when we got to go watch them perform so often.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Little Monkey is almost finished her first year of elementary school. Kinda makes me want to cry. Hope it's been a year full of learning exciting things and full of wonderful memories for her! Love you Katey-Lou!! XX00 Grandmom

Teresa said...

She is darling! I love the 'push the button' feature. So fun.
I also miss the days of pre-school programs, but when they get to high school you'll have a whole new realm of shows to enjoy. My youngest was in Les Miserable this spring and it was a truly amazing and fabulous show. So fun to see all the kids we've known since kindergarten playing such grown up and impressive parts.

Unknown said...

What a fun idea! She looks like she had a great time :)

Christin said...

She is too cute and the outfit was very creative. I tried to follow you but had problems with the follower box loading. Anyways, I hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend and thanks for stopping back by my blog.
Christin
momoftwolittlemisters.blogspot.com

Steph said...

Oh my gosh, that is too cute! The teacher must have worked really hard to put all that together. (you did a great job with her costume!) I know what you mean about the difference in kindergarten and first grade. My oldest is in second now and I barely get to see her do anything. We've been invited to a few activities at school but not nearly as much as kindergarten. I hope your monkey had a lot of fun. (Love the "press here" button for the habitat part. very cute!)