Monday, May 9, 2011

Best Day Ever!

I seriously had the most AWESOME Mother's day!  It started with Norm and the kids bringing me breakfast in bed.  The kids insisted on making it themselves, so it was Cheerios and microwave bacon.  They each made me cards and I got a new hanging plant and wind chime for the deck.
After church we went to Longwood Gardens.  It was a perfect Day for it.  Warm and sunny and beautiful, colorful blooms everywhere!
The kids were so well behaved there and did not even complain about me wanting to take 100 photos of them in front of all the pretty back drops!
When we came home Norm made me a delicious dinner of grilled fillet mignon topped with crab meat and bernaise sauce,along with a salad.
Then we went over to Norm's Mom's house for a short visit and so we could give her her gifts.  
After we put the kids to bed Norm made me some chocolate chip cookies.  They were the break and bake, but I love them warm, right out of the oven!  And then he gave me a foot rub!  I didn't even have to beg!
Like I said, BEST DAY EVER!!!

We celebrated with my Mom on Saturday night by having her and the rest of my family over for a cookout/eat-in (because of a perfectly timed rain shower) We had a great time together! 
My Mom with her Grandkids.

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's day with your families too!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like a great day! We're heading to Longwood on Friday!!!

Rachel Joy said...

You have such a wonderful family...and it sounds like your husband can cook! Yum.

Rachel
http://www.coolbeanmommas.com/

PinayinTexas said...

The pictures show how lovely your Mother's Day was! Good for you!

Teresa said...

Wow, Kelly! What an awesome day. That Norm sounds like a keeper, for sure!
The picture of you and your kiddos is gorgeous. Is that wisteria? It's so gorgeous it doesn't even look real!
Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!