Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'd like to thank the academy

Haha!  Just kidding!  I would, however,  like to thank Colleen, from A Day in the Life of a Five Foot Mama for awarding me the Lovely Blog Award!  This is my first Blog award!  I met Colleen via VoiceBoks, a gathering place for Blogging Moms, and she has an awesome blog.  You should definitely check her out!

There are some rules that go along with this award.  First I need to share 7 facts about myself that you may not know, and then I will pass the award to 5 fellow bloggers.

7 facts about me:

1.  I'm a hair stylist, but I hate doing perms, HATE!
2.  I am addicted to reality shows, but have cut back to only a select few.
3.  I'm not afraid of heights and, as my neighbors will attest to, have been know to climb the trees to rescue a  stuck frisbee or cut off a dead branch.
4.  I can put down some food!  I'm surprised I'm not 300 lbs.
5.  I like to read myself to sleep....it usually only takes about 2 pages for that to happen.
6.  I'm a Nervous Nelly driving on the highway, especially to places I'm not familiar with.
7.  I'm definitely not a city girl, New York City scares me!

I now pass this award on to:
Julie @ The Hopple Family
Jennifer @ A Fine Romance
Kelly @ The Raudenbush family
Kathy @ My dishwasher's possessed!
Aurie @ Welcome to our Good Life!

 Congrats gals!
Check out these Ladies awesome blogs!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww....thanks, Kelly!

Jennifer @ A Fine Romance said...

Thanks girl, you're awesome!!! XO

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am so glad I joined VB because I have found the greatest blogs! I am really enjoying yours! I have gone cold turkey on the Housewife series, it was starting to get embarssing, the bad thing is I got my friend addicted and she has been unable to kick the habbit!! Lol! I learned to drive when I was 35 (I'm 45 now) and still have not driven on a highway!! I lived in NYC for 14 years and would go back in a heartbeat so if you ever get over your fear I would gladly meet you for coffee!!

Thanks for the shout out! I really appreciate it!

Unknown said...

So sweet :) Thank you!

I was NOT a city girl, until we moved 10 miles outside NYC. Now I don't think twice about jumping on the train! I won't take both girls with me without help, though. I'm not that crazy!! LOL!

Steph said...

Congratulations!!!!
Do people still ask for perms? It seems the "in" thing now is to straighten hair! (but what do i know? i get my hair cut once every 6 months! why so long? 3 children.. that's why!) 2 pages to fall asleep? I can beat at at 2 words! Reading is a luxury and I will make time this summer when the children are out of school! More free time to read rather than running around! :) (I hope!) I too hate driving the freeway.. but you gotta do it -- white knuckles and all! ;)

nateandkatesmom said...

Steph, I have one client who gets perms about every 3 months, and then an occasional perm here and there, but I've been known to refer my clients to another stylist in my salon for their perms if I can't talk them out of it!