Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Boy Meets Grill: Apple Turkey Burgers

These are our favorite turkey burgers!  They are so juicy and delicious!

The credit for the recipe goes to Sandra Lee and you can find it here.
The applesauce keeps them so tender and adds just a bit of sweetness, and you MUST make the maple-dijon sauce to go with it! Norm likes to make these earlier in the day and put them on a platter covered with Suran Wrap in the fridge till he's ready for them which is a time saver come dinner time. Make sure you oil your grill so they don't stick when you turn them.  I am tempted to try this recipe in the form of turkey meatloaf....hmmm.

6 comments:

Julie said...

These sound amazing!

Teresa said...

Yum. I am making this for sure.
I've been in a huge cooking funk lately, and this looks like just the thing to break me out of it.
My family thanks you!

Becky Jane said...

Grilled burgers are at the top of my list...this recipe sounds so yummy!
New Follower from vB! Hope you can stop by for a visit.
Thanks, Becky Jane
http://RiseAboveYourLimits.blogspot.com/

Mme Wright said...

These sound great! I love the turkey/apple combo and we often make our turkey burgers with apple chunks- but I am going to try applesauce next time!

ps. I am your newest GFC follower via voiceboks

Melanie said...

I have never added a sauce to a hamburger. It looks divine. Can't wait to try it.

Unknown said...

My kids and I are just not fans of turkey burgers, but, these look like they might reverse that for us. I will give it a try. Thanks for a great recipe and a really fun blog! I found you on Voicebocks and am so happy I did. I am now a new follower and am looking foward to reading and seeing more from your site! Thanks!