Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I'm on a mission!

 ...to lose 15 lbs.  Last week I started working out.  We now have a room devoted just for exercise in our houseRemember our junk room turned temporary guest room?
 We were determined not to let this room get junked up again and to get it back in use for it's original purpose.

So we stripped it bare,

and transformed it into this:
We painted it a light greyish-blue, took the shelves off the wall and moved them to the back of the room on the floor.  
 I didn't want to see all the stuff on the shelves, so I made some curtains, and got some storage bins.
Much better!  I made some matching curtains for the window too.....using iron  hemming tape, of course!

Here's a look around the rest of the room:

I spray painted some frames that I had to hang around these vinyl wall words. Needs a couple more bigger ones I think, to balance it out a bit more.
The dry erase board is so that we can record our workout routine so we can change it up and challenge ourselves to do better. The mirror is to check our buff bods while we work out......LOL!  Not really!
A little spot to hold some essentials.

This room was fun for me to transform since I had a blank slate.  I wanted to make it nice,  make it a room that appealed to both Norm and I and make it a room we don't mind spending time in, and also keep in mind that we could move out the equipment if we need a temporary guest room again.  I'm excited about getting back into shape. Norm trained me yesterday.  He shows. no. mercy.  I was hurting!  But I'm not hurting as much as I thought I would be today, so maybe he wasn't so hard on me.  Shhhh...don't tell him I said that.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Awesome room Kelly! (but no big surprise there... you always rock it.) Hope you do better with your workout routine than I am doing with mine! lol

Karen said...

Good job on curtains Kel!! Sure wish you inherited your creativeness from me, but....oh well, I guess I have to hire you for creativeness! You and Norm did a great job!! Mom

Unknown said...

I'm so impressed by the room and your drive! You go, girl!

Annette said...

I really like you room, you have inspired me to do my workout room. What is the size of your space? Also what are the different machines that you are using. Hey I know it's all about decorating,but if I lose weight then I can lift that mirror and hang it on the wall with no help :)