Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A "make-shift" guest room

There's nothing like having company to give you a kick in the pants to clean house.  My cousin and his family are visiting from Tennessee this week.  Usually our guest sleep on the futon in our basement.  But it seems our cat has claimed that space as his territory.  He usually sleeps down there on the futon at night. When my cousin and his brother were here last year for my grandfather's funeral, Mittens (our cat) peed in Tim's suitcase and peed on the air mattress after they left.  So to avoid that kind of mess again, I had to create a guest space that is off-limits to the cat. We have another room in our basement we call the "junk room".  It is now a guest room.
I won't show you a before picture because someone might call the show "Hoarders" on me I'm too embarrassed, but basically this was the room that we shoved all the stuff we wanted to store at easy access and that we didn't want people to see.  It used to be a weight room/workout room, back in the day when we had time for that stuff.  The weight bench was disassembled and put in the attic for now, and all the stuff that was stored on and around it and basically on any spare floor space in there has either been trashed, given to Goodwill, or put into the closets and the attic.  I borrowed a Air bed from my cousin that is bed-height, and added some special touches, but I only spent 5 dollars on the room, which was on the K-mart mirror.
I think Tim and Sande were happy with their accommodations. The kids? Maybe not so much. Hayden(3), ended up squeezing into bed with Kaitlyn, instead of her mattress on the floor.

 And Tyler(5) apparently would rather just sleep half on the floor, instead of his mattress.
Maybe when they leave, we will move our weight bench back into that room and start working out again.........maybe.

No comments: