Monday, October 4, 2010

A storage solution

Nathan has a loft bed.  That means no nightstand next to his bed to put stuff on.  When he reads at night, he ends up putting his books down at the foot of the bed or sticking them in between the bed and the side-rail.  When I saw this in my Family Fun magazine (Sept. issue), I knew it was the perfect solution!
And this was a no-sew project....BONUS!

I got some denim fabric to match his room and went to work.  It didn't take much time at all!  I put some red grosgrain ribbon on the front. Just ironed it on with some hemming tape with some navy brik-brak  on top to jazz it up a bit.  I just hot glued the brik-brak on.  I was very pleased with the results and so was Nathan! 

I need to find a couple of smaller red stars to put on either side of the blue one. (had to take down the huge red one I had there with the blue ones on the side)

Gotta love Family Fun magazine!  If you don't get it, you can find the instructions for the book sling here.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Turned out great Kel!!! You did a wonderful job!!! I have to get some ideas together for things I want you to do. One is that big milk can, another is my small treasure chest.
Hmmmmmm....Can I think of more? Mom

Julie said...

Cute Kelly! I want to make one for G and one for the boys!!!! Thanks for the idea!

Teresa said...

I wish I'd had something like that back in my boy's bunk bed days - what a great idea and you made yours very cute!

Amy said...

I saw this in FF too. I had my dad make some wooden book racks for the kids (with their bunkbeds I had the same book issue!) but if I had seen this first I would have just made this instead! Your version turned out so cute.