Today I went for my routine exam at the OBGYN. Not the most fun thing to do, but I wasn't particularly nervous about it. Anyway, for some reason my blood pressure was alarmingly high. It was 140/110, when I am usually the normal 120/80. It is the bottom number that they are most concerned with and they said stress or nerves would not effect that. So after my exam they took it again and it was still high. So they called over to the ER and had me walk right over there. I was concerned about making it out in time for the kids Halloween parade, and to help in Nathan's party, but my OB said "You do not want to have a stroke in the middle of your son's party, do you?" OK, then....so I called Norm in tears and asked him to come to the hospital. A couple hours, some bloodwork, EKG, urine samples, chest x-ray and $100 later I was released to come home. All my results were good,so it might have been a combo of my new exercise/diet routine and the fact that I had coffee this morning and hadn't had breakfast yet. Who knows? I have to monitor my BP for the next week or so, and follow up with my family Dr. but for now, all is good. Soo not how I planned to spend my morning though.
On a happier note....I made it to the kids Halloween parade today and got to help in Nathan's party. The schools reading theme is Reading Around the World, so each grade dressed as something pertaining to countries that they are studying. Nathan (I) made a T-shirt of the Animals of Africa, and Kaitlyn was a Panda from Asia.
Then early this evening, we went to Trunk-or-Treat at a church around the corner from us with some neighbors.
The kids went around to decorated cars and got candy.
It did not turn out to be such a bad day. Hopefully this blood pressure thing was just a fluke. No more coffee before Dr. visits!

1 comment:
Glad all seems to be fine w/ your bp! (and that you could make it to the party.. so funny that when you are a mom that is the first thing you are worried about!)
Post a Comment