The cooler fall-like weather means chili time!!
What you need:
1 lb. ground beef
1 small chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained, rinsed
1 can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
2 Tbsp. honey
Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Brown ground beef along with the onions and peppers in a large skillet on medium heat; drain.
Add beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder, and garlic; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 2-3 Tbsp. of honey just before serving....it adds just a touch of sweetness.
Sprinkle some shredded cheese into the bottom of the bowls, top with chili then more shredded cheese. Serve with cornbread.
You can adjust the ingredients to your liking. I do not use as much onion and pepper, and I drain a bit of the juice off of the tomatoes before adding them in. I also added the garlic and honey to this recipe.
Typically I am the only one in this family that truly enjoys chili, but tonight Kaitlyn discovered she likes it, and Norm is starting to acquire a taste for it as well. I'm still working on Nathan.

1 comment:
You had me at double cheese! Looks delicious and it's definitely getting to be chili weather around here. Thanks for the recipe!
Post a Comment