Nathan had his first camping experience with cub scouts last night. He wasn't sure he wanted to at first. He enjoys the comfort of his own bed....can't say that I blame him. But we encouraged him to try it. He is only involved with cub scouts right now and we want him to take advantage of all that they have to offer. It was really a last minute decision yesterday, but he decided to go and he and Norm shared a tent with my neighbor and his son, Nathan's buddy, Thomas. First there was a big campfire, with songs and skits and even a flag retiring ceremony.
Then the boys were off to eat snacks and play around with flashlights in the tent till they were tired enough to fall asleep. It was a late night for the boys and the Dad's, who did not get much sleep and froze for half the night. And of course, my early bird Nathan was first to wake and he needed everyone else to join him. He was excited to wake up to find buffalo right in the field behind their tent!
Overall the boys had a blast despite the hesitation. I have a feeling this could be a yearly thing.....And I'll bet the Dads will be more prepared next year with super warm sleeping bags!
Of course, me being the blogging Momma, would have taken more pictures and had captured the whole camping experience with the boys in the tent and all. But I have to give Norm credit for thinking to pull out his phone to snap a couple of shots!
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Glad you had such a wonderful time Nathan!! I bet you thought you were still dreaming when you saw the buffalo! What a neat thing to wake up to!! Isn't God wonderful to make all the beautiful trees and animals and so many other things we enjoy! I
hope you were warm in your sleeping bag!! Grandmom
Post a Comment