Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A day at the beach

Yesterday we spent the day at one of my favorite places.













 We love the beach! 

There were gray skies the whole way there, but within minutes of setting up on the beach, the clouds gave way to sun and it was a beautiful day.  The kids were in heaven digging in the sand,
 and making sand pies, jumping in the waves, 
                       (That water was cold!)
and collecting sea shells.
                             (They hit the jackpot in one spot!)
After the beach, we cleaned up as best as we could, and hit the boardwalk.
We played some mini-golf.  I won, of course.
No trip to OCNJ is complete without....
 Their pizza is the best!
Then we strolled the boardwalk some more and each got our favorite snacks.
Mine is;
Oh my goodness! It is sinful, and I really should have gotten up and jogged 5 miles this morning.

All in all it was an awesome day.  Now that we got our beach fix, we should be able to wait till the end of July for our vacation.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Now that looks like a fantastic day! I would imagine you had two tuckered out children last night. What a great kick off to some great family time this summer.

Unknown said...

What a fun day! I couldn't do it all in just one day--I'm impressed. What's the monkey bread place?
Kelly