Last month I posted about the love notes that Kaitlyn likes to leave for us. She still leaves us notes on her whiteboard in her room after we tuck her in and leave the room and expects one in return from us that she reads when she wakes up. She designates a spot for Mom to write and a spot for Dad and even a spot for us to draw her a picture. So cute!
Kaitlyn can be my challenging child, but God, do I love that little girl!
Yesterday, afternoon/evening she was being a bit of a drama queen and giving me an attitude about everything. I told her she would be going to bed a half an hour earlier because of her behavior. When it came time for bed she protested and fought and cried, and when I tucked her in and kissed her goodnight, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get a sweet little love note from her. I was wrong.
It says:
"To Dad, Please send me two notes tomorrow. This is just me and Mom tonight.
Mom, I am sorry I yelled at you. I feel sad. My heart is broken." (see picture with broken heart)
Just when I thought she didn't have a conscience. Of course I wrote back that I forgive her and I'll love her forever. Love her soo much!! She's moody at times but she's my sweet, spunky little girl, and I know her strong will just might do her some good when she's all grown up!
Kid’s Soccer Cleats as low as $14.39!
5 hours ago

2 comments:
Goes to show that God is doing a work in Kaitlyn. This would be a good time to remind her that God's heart grieves when we sin also and again bring up the plan of salvation. The note is very sweet and sincere....it's a keeper for sure. I'll be praying for you and that God will speak to her heart. Easter is a wonderful time to reflect on what Jesus did for us and just how much He loves us! Mom
Kaitlyn's sincere apology brought both Dad & I to tears!! It was very touching! We love you sooo much Katylou!! Mom
Post a Comment