Monday, April 11, 2011

Spring!...or is it summer?

Since spring officially arrived, we've had very few spring like days.  But we had lovely weekend weather and  today it felt like summer!  Norm is off on Mondays so we took advantage of the warm, sunny weather and did some yard work. We (meaning Norm) had a serious job to do in removing a large bush from our corner garden.  The roots were deep and spread wide and the root ball must have weighed 300lbs!  Not sure yet what we are going to replace it with yet.  Maybe one of those little weeping cherry trees.  I mostly raked and weeded while he worked on that but we were both sweating our tush off.  Glad we got it done though.  Felt good to get my hands in the dirt again!
Of course I brought spring indoors weeks ago!
Once again, I'm not thrilled with the mantel.  Help!
 Unfortunately, it will be cool and rainy again tomorrow. Grrr! But the warm weather has to return soon.... and then I'll probably be complaining about the heat.

1 comment:

Jennifer @ A Fine Romance said...

I like your spring decor, Kel! Just think that you need some larger pieces for your mantel...that would probably make you feel better. Just a thought! :)