Friday, March 18, 2011

Better late then never, I guess.

Despite my Irish name, I am not Irish, nor do I celebrate or make a big deal out of St. Patrick's Day.   We do wear green, but do not have a special Irish meal or eat green food.  A couple of years ago, some of the kids friends told them that leprechauns would come in and "wreck up" our house on St. Patrick's Day.  Even though I already have 2 little people that do that, I appeased so that they would not be disappointed that they didn't get a visit from the leprechauns. See post.  Last year and this year, they really didn't seem to have any expectations of a visit from the little green people.  They never mentioned it prior to the day.  Well, I certainly got an earful yesterday, about how the leprechauns visited all their friends houses, left candy in their shoes, turned the house topsy-turvy, scattered clovers and gold coins and everything.  Some of them even caught leprechauns in their traps!  I would like to see the evidence.  Seeing that they were disappointed made me feel like a loser Mom, so I told Kaitlyn "maybe they will come tonight."  and before I went to bed we "wrecked up" the house a bit. We moved some furniture, flipped chairs and misplaced a few things.
I know that doesn't really seem like a wrecked house, but you know who would have to clean it up.  The leprechauns even left them some green jelly beans, which the kids devoured before I even came downstairs this morning.
So even though this is a tradition I didn't really want to start-why not??  It's harmless and fun for them and I'm sure Nathan, at least, will be growing out of it soon! 


And speaking of Nathan...his 5th tooth jumped ship last night so we had a visit from the leprechauns and the tooth fairy both in one night!

No comments: