Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What's for dinner? Another winning Mac & Cheese recipe

So if you all read my crazy randomness a couple of post ago, you know that I love blue cheese.  When I was browsing recipes that day I found a Mac & cheese recipe with blue cheese in it.  This was my perfect opportunity to sneak in the blue cheese, unbeknownst to the rest of my familyThis recipe rivals my favorite so far.
Recipe found here:
Mac and Cheese Henwood Style


I didn't have quite enough blue cheese left so I added a bit more of the other cheeses. I used sharp cheddar instead of regular and Velveeta. I let the sauce thicken in the pan stirring continually with the whisk before I added the noodles. Also, after I mixed the noodles with the cheese sauce in the casserole dish, I topped it with panko bread crumbs mixed with a little melted butter and just put under the broiler long enough to brown them, instead of baking it for 20 minutes.  I still feel that that is the best way to keep it creamy.  I will definitely try it again with more blue cheese.  It was undetected by the kids and my husband! I'd like to be able to taste it more.  It was still delish!

1 comment:

Lisa - Fine Sweet Life said...

Yum! My Mom used to make homemade with an obscene amount of Velvetta when I was younger! Looks great!!