Sunday, March 20, 2011

Prayers needed!

I just took part in my first candlelight vigil.  It was held for a little boy named Trey who is fighting for his life.  I didn't want to go.  As a Mom, I do not handle things like this well.  I cannot even imagine if it was one of my children.  But I had to go.  Yes, I could have prayed from home, but physically being present at the vigil to join together to pray and show support for this family was important.  This vigil was announced this afternoon and it was awesome to see the turnout of people coming together in prayer.  Trey needs a miracle!  
Trey has neuroblastoma, a type of childhood cancer.  He pulled through a stage 4 diagnosis (at only 21 months old) and many, many months of long and painful treatments and surgeries.  Trey is 4 now. He had been clear of cancer for about a year or so.  But Trey ran a fever the last couple of days and very early this morning he had a seizure and went unresponsive, was taken to the ER and from there, flown to CHOP.  I heard the helicopter fly over my house this morning (we live right near the hospital).  Trey had bleeding on the brain and needed emergency surgery to remove a tumor that they didn't know was there.  He was in very critical condition.  Thank God, he pulled through the surgery and is awake and breathing on his own, though the Dr.s are unsure of his mobility or if he will be able to speak.  Once the cancer has relapsed in the brain like that, there is no treatment.  His parents will take him home and let him live out his time doing as many fun things as he can.


I do not personally know Trey very well, but I have met this sweet little boy and have known his family for years, and prayed for him all through his cancer treatments. He has endured more then any person, let alone a child, should have to go through.  I am asking for prayer for him.  God is the great physician, and only he can heal him!  
If you would like to read about Trey or get updates about his condition, go to:
or join Support Trey Love on facebook
If this was your child you would want as many prayers lifting him up as possible!

I also want to ask for prayers for Alexa, the 9 year old daughter of a co-worker who has the same cancer and is currently  battling her 3rd relapse.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/alexabailey


Hug your kids, and thank God if they are healthy!

1 comment:

Amy said...

You're right - I can't even imagine ... and I would appreciate every single prayer for my child if I were in their shoes. I will pray for him & his family (& Alexa too).