Tuesday, March 17, 2009

We've been invaded by little green men!!

....And I don't mean Aliens!! We've never really celebrated St. Patrick's Day before. I don't think there is a trace of Irish blood in our veins...even though my name is Irish. Anyway, my neighbor, Carolynn has been watching Kaitlyn while my Mom cannot, and she came home last week with a craft she made at Mrs. Carolynn's house. It was a rainbow with gold coins and a shamrock hanging from it. As Kaitlyn tells it, she has to hang it in the house "..and the leprechauns will come wreck up our house and steal the gold!".....(I think I already have 2 little people who wreck up our house.) She mentioned how they put the chairs up on the table. So, Norm and I decided to have a little fun with this! I think the kids would have been disappointed if leprechauns did not come, since they seemed to be looking forward to this. Last night I didn't not remind them that today was St. Patrick's Day, for fear they would have nightmares of little green men sneaking into our house. When they went to bed, Norm and I "wrecked up the house" a bit. Well, not really wrecking it, but just changed some things around. We even left some green shamrocks laying around as clues. I took pictures before I went to bed, because, Nathan usually beats me down stairs in the morning and would probably start fixing things. The leprechaun lure.......they took the gold coins!
Can you see what's wrong in this picture?
The kids thought it was pretty funny to see all the things that were out of place or upside down. Nathan recognized the sparkle green paper that I used to cut the shamrocks, but he didn't rat me out to his sister! Ok, so I do not normally like to fill their heads with these falsity's, but I guess there's nothing wrong with a little harmless pretending. We do have a little fun with Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the tooth fairy will probably make a visit someday when Nathan's teeth start to get loose. Well, your only young once!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love this idea. Too bad I didn't know about it before! Well, there's always next year! Glad you could have fun with it...