I've been sprucing up Kaitlyn's room for the past few days (more on that later) and realizing her dress up corner has been neglected lately, I asked her if she wanted to give some of her princess dresses away. To my surprise she said "Yes, we can give them all away!" ((Gasp))I saw it coming but this was heart-breaking news for me. Lately, she only plays dress up when her friends are over, and it's usually a gymnastics or ballet leotard or something out of her closet. I remember when a princess dress used to be her daily attire!
Wow! I had to go pretty far back to find those pictures! I think I've been in denial.
Her dress up spot used to look like this:
Now looks like this:A ballet outfit and one lonely princess dress that I talked her into keeping, even if it is up to her knees. It's the one she wore the most, and I'm not ready to part with it.....or the others just yet. I put them in a bag and I think I might hang onto them for just a bit, in case she ever get's the urge to wear them, not likely...but just in case.
This makes me so sad! My little princess is growing up! :-(
She may not want to dress like a princess, but I have no doubt that she'll still want to be treated like one!

2 comments:
She'll always be your princess.... especially on her wedding day! Mom
Oh my word, Kelly I just totally weld up with tears of sorrow for you too! (LOL-sniff,sniff) I can relate...Maddie is still "semi-princessy" but I see how sad it is too see how quickly they are growing up. You just want them to stay little and innocent forever! She is such a beautiful princess and I know you will always cherish those moments and ones to come as I will with my little princess as well!
Post a Comment