Friday, February 18, 2011

Taste of Spring

Today the kids had a day off from school,....and not because of snow this time.  Actually the weather was quite opposite of that today, sunny and 70 degrees!

Yes, today was the first day of a 6 day weekend for them, because of an in-service day, then Presidents Day and 2 days off for conferences.  I'm so glad we were able to get out and get some fresh air today and not be all bundled up. 

After lunch we went to the library to check out some books, and then we walked down town to the pretzel factory. They had earned their trip out for a special snack from their job charts

Then we headed home and I dug the bikes out of the shed.
That's the typical spring/summer afternoon scene around here.


Nathan was really into the books he took out of the library.  His friend Madison decided to grab a book and keep him company.
I just might cry when I wake up to temps back in the 30's and 40's tomorrow.


We got to spend the whole afternoon till dinnertime outside!  I thank God for this beautiful day!....and will be praying for many more in the near future!....although I'll take them without the mud please.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I SO wish it would stay around -- it was FANTASTIC!