Friday, February 25, 2011

Proud Momma

We had our school conferences on Wednesday, and I wanted to do this post Wednesday night, but then I reconsidered...thinking it would sound like bragging.  

Well, darn it, I'm gonna do it anyway!  Mom's have a right to brag about their kids sometimes, right?

The kids just returned to school from a 6 day break, in which they didn't drive me crazy....that alone is something to be proud of.  Don't get me wrong, I love when the kids are home, but sometimes it is too much togetherness, and they fight and I get tired of being referee. They didn't do that this time.  Of course they bickered a little, but for the most part they got along.  Maybe it is because we were able to get outside a bit and break free from our cabin fever.  They didn't even ask to have friends over. Nathan helped Kaitlyn build with her legos, and helped her with Math..(he's trying to teach her multiplication-the story behind that is one of the older kids on the bus called her dumb because she didn't know multiplication and she's only a first grader) He told her "Now you can show them!" They read to each other a lot too.  So many "warm fuzzy" moments between the two of them latelyLove it! 


Both of them have been doing awesome in school this year. Great report cards and great conferences!  I am especially proud of Nathan.  Highest grade in Math, Science and Social Studies for the second time.  He doesn't seem to be struggling at all this year and really seems to enjoy school.  I was hearing Norm quiz him on some Social Studies material last night and he was answering with such detail, and giving more information than what was on the study sheet!  Both teachers had great things to say about them and I felt so proud!


I had surprised them by setting up a play date for both of them at our house after conferences Wednesday morning.  They were so well behaved with their play dates and it didn't turn into the boys invading the girls or vice-versa which happens frequently in that situation (of course I threatened to end the play dates if that happened) and there was no whining when the friends had to go home. 

Kaitlyn has been so sweet lately and not giving me attitude. (that was an issue for a bit). And they both have been semi-consistent with their chores....I'm good with that!...We'll build up to consistent.


Thank you God for choosing me to be the Mommy of these 2 beautiful kids!
I hope I can stay on this "Mommy high" for a while and remember these moments when they really are driving me crazy!
LOVE THEM!!!!


Thanks for letting me brag!

4 comments:

Amy said...

You are totally right - you as their Mom have every right to brag on them once in awhile. :) And then one day they will read your blog and have a big smile on their faces!!! It is such a relief when they seem happy and doing well in school, isn't it?

Karen said...

Kel, They didn't turn out good kids by themselves. You and Norm take credit for that (with the Lord's guidance)! I'm proud of how hard they are working in school and how they show their love for each other.
They follow by your example! I'm proud of you also! You're are such a good mom!! Love you, Mom

Julie said...

Yay for your great kids!!! They must have great parents!

Lisa - Fine Sweet Life said...

Brag on, girlie! Whenever you want!!