Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Little Daisy

Kaitlyn joined the Girl Scouts this year.  At this level it is called Daisy.  They meet every other Wednesday after school to do activities and work towards earning their daisy patches.  Yesterday they held a little ceremony to present the girls with the patches they earned so far.  They've earned the middle of the daisy and 3 petals. Here are some pictures:


Kaitlyn saying their Girl Scout pledge...raising the wrong hand.

They also earned a daisy pin that the parents got to pin on their vest for them....wasn't prepared for that or I would have dressed nicer.




The whole Daisy troop!
 Next we will be selling Girl Scout Cookies!  Yum!

.....And on a side note, I must brag about my other child a bit as well....
Nathan's teacher called me at work today.  Unfortunately I stepped out to run an errand and missed her call, but she called to tell me she is VERY proud of Nathan and be sure to ask him why when I got home.  Apparently he did very well on his District Reading Assessment today.  He has struggled with  reading in the past but has improved a lot.  Today he got 100%!  So awesome!  It made my day that she called at work to tell me.  I'm a proud Momma!  Nathan is very proud of himself too.  What a confidence boost!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So nice that Nathan's teacher took the time to do that. That's great that he is doing so well! And, super cute Daisy troop. Ashlyn would love to do something like that. We just have so much and with being divided with schools and pick ups, etc., it's just hard! I hope life gets a bit easier when she and Evan are both at Barkley...of course, we should have 4 by then. Oh well!
Kelly

Karen said...

And proud you should be. Great parents and great kids!

Karen said...

I'm proud of you too Nathan!!! Grandmom