Wednesday, January 27, 2010

B is for......

Billhime, of course!  I got this wooden letter on sale cheap at Babies R Us, while shopping for a baby shower gift.  It was bright white and I painted it cream and aged it a bit.  It looked kind of lonely and blah just propped up on the shelf, so I took a frame that I wasn't using, and painted it to match the letter.  I wanted to use some fabric in the frame for the backround to the B, but I didn't have any I was crazy about.  I ended up cutting up a burlap peanut bag, wrapped it right around the glass and hot glued it, hung the letter by a ribbon and...wha-lah!  I'm glad I used the burlap...it adds some texture and keeps it neutral so I can move it from room to room, I could change the ribbon too if I want to match a different room or change it with the seasons.  It's a fun way to dress up a simple letter!

5 comments:

Karen said...

You're sooo talented!!! Love you!!!
Mom

Jennifer @ A Fine Romance said...

Kel! I LOVE that! :) So creative and resourceful. Definitely an excellent post. Thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

You are an interior decorator at heart aren't you? Nicely done!

Unknown said...

Really cute and clever. Good thinking!
Kelly

Sande said...

yay! i am glad that you stayed with fabric and didn't use a piece of paper! good job.