Thursday, June 2, 2011

Happy Birthday little man!

Wow I had this post all ready to go for Tuesday morning, but with everything that happened with my little neighbor, Gabby, I totally forgot to post it.  So here it is ...a couple days late.

We had a great time celebrating Memorial day and Nathan's birthday Monday.  To start off the day, Norm took Nathan and his friend Thomas to do some fishing.  Apparently the boys prefer the non-conventional way of fishing and spent most of the time catching crayfish in a net rather then using their poles to catch fish.  They had a blast though!
Nathan came home soaked, with a big huge smile on his face!

We had his party in the afternoon. It would have been nicer if it hadn't been a hot and humid 95 degrees, but some water fun helped keep the kids cool.  The adults just spent a lot of time in the air conditioning.
patriotic cousin's.

Nathan wanted a Mario Bros. party.  
Cake decorator, I am not, but I do my best.  I decorated these with cardboard characters I cut out of the Mario fruit snacks box. We also had a giant decorated chocolate chip cookie!

Nathan got some Lego sets that he wanted, a rocket shooter, Wii game, gift card, and a real metal detector from Grandmom and Pop-Pop!
He put his Uncle Josh and Uncle Dave to work starting to put together his Star Wars ship that night.

  It was nice that he didn't have to go to school on his birthday. He was so happy, and as sad as it makes me that he is growing up, I am enjoying each new stage of his life and watching him grow into this little man. Next year will be another milestone, 10!  Can we just slow it down a bit? please!

4 comments:

Rachel Joy said...

Happy Birthday! Wow Star Wars Legos...Mom and Dad are the best ;) My son would want to come over everyday to play with Nathan and his Legos.

nateandkatesmom said...

Haha! The Lego's are a Grandparents gift, and he got another set from his uncle. Spoiled!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Those are some wonderful photos :) My girls would love that water slide!!

Teresa said...

You can't go wrong with cupcakes, giant cookies and legos.
Love the patriotic cousin photo!
So cute.