Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happy Wedding day Mrs. S!

The day that Kaitlyn and all of Miss Mauldin's first grade class has been waiting for has finally come!  Wedding day!!  This day has been on the count down from the first day of school back in September.  The children, especially the girls loved to hear about the wedding plans, what her colors were (Pink, of course), what the dresses looked like and were very excited to meet Mr. Bruce (the fiance) on several occasions! Miss Mauldin even sent the students the official wedding invitation and invited them all to the ceremony!
So Kaitlyn and I got all gussied up, and I took her and one of classmates to the wedding.  Miss Mauldin was beautiful and just giddy with happiness!  It was a beautiful ceremony!
Kaitlyn and some of the girls in her class getting ready to blow bubbles at the happy couple!

the happy couple!
This evening when Kaitlyn was telling her Dad about the wedding, she said "It was a real wedding with a for real kiss and everything!"
Aren't they just adorable!! 
thanking the girls for coming to her wedding
Unfortunately, I did not get the opportunity to take a picture of Kaitlyn with the bride.  She will miss her teacher this summer, But she will be sure to stop in next year often to say "Hi" to Mrs. S!  Her new last name is a mouthful, so I'm thinking Mrs. S will do!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How sweet! I went to my third grade teachers ceremony!! It's funny how you remember certain things. The picture of the girls is just priceless, they look so happy! Great post!

Steph said...

Oh, so sweet! I am so glad she had a great time... and how special to be invited to witness "a real kiss!" Mrs. S looks so beautiful and so does Kaitlyn! :)

Unknown said...

Such a sweet moment for your little girl!

Jennifer @ A Fine Romance said...

I see some people I recognize in those pictures! ;)