Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day

Happy Father's day to my husband, who is the best Daddy ever!

We had a very enjoyable day celebrating Daddy.  First the kids and I made him breakfast in bed.
which, as I knew he would, he brought downstairs to eat with the rest of us.
Then we were off to enjoy the day at the Aquarium, courtesy of my In-laws, who got us in for free on their season passes. 

Then, we went out for lunch, stopped home to change, went swimming, and back home to make Daddy's favorite dinner, then smores on the patio.  The kids thoroughly enjoyed the day with their dad.  Oh, yeah....I was there too, but it was so nice to stand back and watch a father thoroughly enjoy his children on his special day!

Tomorrow we will celebrate Fathers day with my Dad, who I owe more than a dinner for all he does for me.  Happy Father's day to you too Dad!  Love you!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great day!!! We love to go to the aquarium too!! Very cute pictures!! Have a great week. ( I need to do more than a few dinners for my dad too, nice to have a good father around!! ) Take care!

Steph said...

Sounds like a full day for you all! We let dad sleep in since he was out all day Saturday photographing a wedding. Then we went out to brunch. The children had a bday party so dad had peace for about 3 1/2 hours! After we came home, we did some yard work and went out to dinner. Back to regular routine tomorrow... (sigh - so nice not to cook for one day!)

Rachel Joy said...

Looks like a fun day....Happy Father's Day to your husband!

Kath said...

welcome to voiceboks! and what a wonderful fathers day post. sounds like a good day.

new follower!
kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com
www.theforgetmeknot.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

stopping by from voiceBoks to say hello. Looks like you had a wonderful day. Wish I could talk my husband into going to our Aquarium....

Amy said...

I think we have some of the same shots of the kids/family at the aquarium! Glad you all had fun. :)

Unknown said...

How fun!!! Was it the Camden Aquarium? We have been meaning to get there but haven't yet.

Whispering Waves said...

That was very sweet...