Monday, February 22, 2010

The perks of having a hairstylist for a Mommy...

.....is that your ever, appearance-conscious, just turned 6 year old, daughter can spontaneously decide to change her hairstyle and knows that Mommy can do it right then and there.  
Kaitlyn decided last night that she wanted her hair cut short.  I had cut it shorter a few months back and have been growing it out for summer so we can do braids and pull it up.  She likes to where her hair different ways, and has been liking it pulled back lately to show off her earrings. Once she decides on something though...there is no talking her out of it. She wanted it cut last night, and I wanted her to "sleep on it".  Needless to say,she woke up this morning saying "cut my hair please!"  So I did. Of course she looks super cute!  I just know one of these days soon she's going to want a french braid or something, and I'm going to have to say "I told you so!"



 


















Here's a before picture of her at her family Birthday party (that we finally got to have yesterday.)


I was liking her hair getting long. :-(



 














After

















Sporting her new hairstyle and new dress from Grandmom.


















Cutie pie!



Sorry for all the wide spaces and weird placement of text.  I've been having trouble with that lately....is anyone else?  I think it might be since I changed to this ShabbyBlogs layout.  I'll work on fixing that today.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Looks super cute! And very impressed that you could fit a hair cut in before school. She must be afternoon kindergarten...

Unknown said...

Very cute! I love the short angled cut. Ashlyn keeps saying she wants her hair very long. I am wanting it short. Maybe I can show her the pictures here to convince her...

Jennifer @ A Fine Romance said...

I am IN LOVE with her new haircut...it is SUPERBLY cute. Great job, Kel!

Lisa - Fine Sweet Life said...

She looks so grown up with her hair cut short. I love it!