Tuesday, December 20, 2011

recycled Christmas cards

Some of the Christmas cards I get are just too pretty to throw away.  I keep the photo cards of course, but I found a way to re-use some of the other pretty cards for years to come.  Frame them!  I've shared this before, but I thought I'd post about it again, before Christmas is over and you throw your cards out!
They make great Christmas decorations, and you can switch them out with other cards you like or for each season.
I also switch out some of the photos in my memo board to display some of my cards.
 My mom and I used to make box ornaments out of Christmas cards.  I'm not sure I remember how anymore,but they were pretty cute!
If any of you have other creative uses for old Christmas cards, I'd love for you to share!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First, love your new blog design :)

Second, I save my favorites from each year as well! Some I frame, and some we'll use for crafts next year.

Steph said...

great idea! i've used the cards on cardboard/paper ornaments (the ones you find at crafts stores) and decoupage them on... fun and easy! the children will most likely make some next year... from this year's cards! ;)