Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Angels

Gabby Vogel, 5 years old,  and Alexa Bailey, 10 years old, both became angels this year.  Both taken by cancer.  I know they are having the best Christmas in heaven this year, but for their families left behind, struggling to cope, it will be the worst.

Today I took the kids to the park where Gabby's memorial bench is, and we left her a little Christmas tree.
When the memorial was first put there, there were beautiful mums with lots of color planted around it.  Now it is just baron, dirt.  I wanted to leave something that would live for a long time.
The loss of sweet Gabby still hurts us, but I know it is not even close to the pain her family lives with daily, and especially this time of year.

Of you could, please remember the Vogel and Bailey families in your prayers this Christmas.  They sure need it.  Thank you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so hard during this time when we know we should be happy....and yet grieving seems to be very close to the surface. Praying for you, and for the families who are grieving as well.

Karen said...

I'm sure Gabby loves her tree Kel! How sweet!! Hopefully it will grow strong with love and care and someone will decorate it in her honor every Christmas! Mom

Steph said...

Kelly, that is so wonderful. A living tree planted there will be so nice! And what a beautiful thing to do to put that bench there. I'm sure Gabby's memory will live on forever. I still think of her often and hope the best for her family...