How lovely are thy faux branches!
Yes, we have an artificial tree. And I love it!
I mostly grew up with an artificial tree at Christmas. It wasn't till I was a teenager that we started to get real trees. I always thought that when I had my own family, we would have this great tradition of going out together every year, taking a wagon ride to the tree farm and cutting down our own trees. Yeah,. . . .not so much how it was turning out. In the past it seems that when we had the opportunity to go, it was freezing cold or raining, or snowing and we would just go to a place where they were pre-cut and we would pick the first decent one we saw and go home. Usually once we got it home and in the house, it took up more space then we wanted and within a week or so it would be dropping needles because we were forgetting to water it as often as we should. A couple of years ago, I took advantage of a great sale and got us a beautiful artificial Christmas tree. They don't make them like they used to!...which is a good thing. I think the branches look real!
It is slimmer in size, is pre-lit, doesn't drop needles, no need to water, and has paid for itself already! The only thing I'm missing is the fresh pine smell, but I fixed that too!
Pine scented candles work great!
Loving these evenings lit by only the glow of the Christmas tree!
The kids fight over who is going to read in the chair next to the tree during their reading time.
This is our little family room tree.
I'm sure by New Years Day I will want to put these away and get the house back to normal. But I'm loving it for the month of December!
Hop on over to the Christmas Tree party and check out all the beautiful trees!
Kid’s Soccer Cleats as low as $14.39!
6 hours ago


3 comments:
Beautiful tree :) We have a faux one as well - and I really love it!! Although....this year half the lights decided not to work. Sigh.
We're fakers too. You're right, they are so pretty these days! We tried a real tree our first year in Montana, but with our fireplace going all the time and the super dry air here, the branches would practically crumble in my hand by the time Christmas rolled around. I'd have nightmares of the house burning down!
faux all the way! i complained at first... but this year, i'm really enjoying it! :) up and lite in less than 15 minutes! then the children decorated the tree in an hour -- all by themselves! how about that?!
Post a Comment