Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Our Christmas

We had a great Christmas with our families.  Christmas Eve we spent with Norm's Mom and her husband, had a great dinner and exchanged gifts, went home and did the preparation for Santa routine.....leaving cookies and milk for Santa, carrot sticks for the reindeer, and sprinkled the magic reindeer food on the lawn. Then the kids checked on the Norad Santa tracker and rushed to bed. Christmas morning, Nathan was up way before the sun, but had to wait for his sister to wake up, before we went downstairs around 7am.  As we always do before opening gifts Christmas morning.  We read the Christmas story form the Bible.  Nathan read it from his Bible this year. Then the kids dove into their presents had to be patient while we let them open one present each, and throw the paper away before moving onto the next one. Opening presents was followed by our usual cinnamon  roll and bacon Christmas breakfast, than church. My family came for dinner and to exchange gifts.  And once again, Christmas was here and gone before I knew it. I feel like I didn't take near as many pictures as I should have.  I guess I was just thoroughly enjoying the moments.  Here are a few from our Christmas day.
Cousins
Christmas may be over, but the festivities are not. We are celebrating Christmas with our extended family this weekend.  I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

what a lovely day :) Great photos!

Steph said...

Kelly, I love that first picture of your tree... so grande, so peaceful, so beautiful! :) Your children are so precious -- so sweet!!! And Kaitlyn received an American Doll?? SO lucky! I bet she loves it! I'm hoping Morgan will receive one next year... This year we kept things simple so gifts were simple. And the celebration was spread out so it was not as stressful. I loved the simplicity of this year's holiday celebration. Take care!
-Steph

Teresa said...

An American Girl doll and Alien Conquest legos. It doesn't get better than that!
Glad your day was wonderful, Kelly!