Blah, blah, blah. I really have nothing particular to blog about. Same old, same old around here. Back from vaca, had a busy week of VBS at church last week, and had our family reunion on Saturday.
We've purchased back to school sneakers, and all the school supplies, and soccer cleats for Kaitlyn. . . . .Oh, yeah. I will officially be a Soccer Mom in the fall. Kaitlyn decided she wants to play this year and she is really excited about it. I hope she loves it. . .or not. . . . sort of dreading the travel team if she sticks with it that long. But yes, I hope she loves it this year. It will be pretty low key with just one practice a week and games every Saturday morning, but they are all in the same place.
I have started training to RUN a 5k in October. I have said it before, I hate to run and do not do it unless something vicious is chasing me. I have good motivation though. It is to benefit my little neighbor, Gabby. Of course I could walk the 5k, no problem, but my neighbor said she wants to run it and it would be nice to have a training buddy. We are using the Couch to 5k plan. Wish me luck! I fell off the wagon with my exercise routine several months ago...so this means I'm jumping right back in!
Summer went too fast! We didn't get to do so many things that we wanted too. As much as I'm ready for time to myself again, I'm not quite sure I'm ready for that whole school routine to start up again- early mornings, packing lunches, homework, cub scouts, HOMEWORK. . . .I hate homework!. . . .I hope I can do 4th grade math. More than that I hope Nathan gets it so I don't have to. He did awesome last year, so hoping for the same from both of them this year. Teacher assignments and the packet of forms we have to sighn should be coming any day now.
I'm stuck in a rut with our dinner meals lately. Need to find some new recipes. Any that I have tried this summer have been nothing to rave about. Hoping to find a good one to share with you soon!
Well, that's all I got! Just thought I was due for a post, so there it is!
Kid’s Soccer Cleats as low as $14.39!
5 hours ago

3 comments:
Great update post =) It's funny how sometimes it seems the parents complain about the homework almost as much as the kids. One thing about homeschooling...no homework, coz I say so =D
If Miss Kaitlyn keeps playing until the travel team days, just think of me on those travels and you'll immediately feel better. The closest travel destination for my son's team was three hours away. That was the closest. The furthest was nine. Kill. Me. Now. And I had to pretend I was a good mom and actually enjoyed travelling soccer!
Keep us posted on Couch to 5k. I've thought about it many times, but of course I've never taken the plunge. I'm with you....I only run if my life depends on it.
Oh, and my son's fourth grade math teacher actually would teach me how to do the math so I could help him with his homework. I sat in a little desk and everything. Totally humiliating. So glad those days are over!
i wish you luck in getting ready for Gabby's run! :) Good thoughts going your way -- but it's so nice to have someone to work with and motivate each other. :) school is back in session and i feel so stressed right now... hope to be able to keep up with reading my favorite blogs! take care!!!
Post a Comment