Today was one of those blissful Mommy days, when the kids were just so well behaved all day. They didn't fight with each other, they did what I asked them to, played so nice with their friends, and they had good manners. This morning they had some chores to do, and I told them that they would earn an allowance. For each chore that they did they earned a quarter. They sorted laundry, wiped down doorknobs, light switches and window sills, bathroom toilets and sinks, swept floors, straighten up the shoe closet and dusted. AND they did it with a smile! They also did all this while dancing around and singing to the Beach Boys! They are saving this money for a souvenir at the beach so I thought a little beach music would keep them motivated (plus Nathan loves the Beach Boys). In addition they did some cleaning up after themselves (which is an expected chore...not one they get paid for). It was not all work, work, work today. They had a fun activity with the neighbors this morning and got out for some more play time this afternoon after some quiet reading time, while I folded laundry and watched a little TV. For Dinner we ate out with my family for my sisters birthday. They were again very well behaved and ate everything on their plates! I was so thrilled with the day that I just had to boast a little bit! My kids are good kids most of the time, but lately there has been a lot of bickering (and hitting, kicking etc.) between the 2 of them and a bit of attitude being thrown back at me as well. I'm not sure why today was so different, maybe because I kept them busy? maybe they were well rested? I don't know...but I hope it continues!
Love them!!....On good days or bad! I am soo blessed to be their Momma! Days like today let me know I must be doing something right!
Kid’s Soccer Cleats as low as $14.39!
6 hours ago

5 comments:
These are the best kind of days :)
And we are blessed to be their grandparents!!! Love them sooo much!! Mom
Lol!! Wanna send them over to clean my house next??!!
Welcome to VoiceBoks! Popping in to say HEY!
Hugs,
Ro :)
http://www.MommyMindSpa.com
Have you had your Mom-ME Moment yet today?
I love days like that too! So glad you all had a great day!!
You are doing a ton of things right. Congrats on the great day!!
Post a Comment