Friday, July 22, 2011

Hot, Hot, Hot!

It is hot outside!!

The only way to beat the heat is to stay indoors or  get in some water!  When we are not indoors, we have enjoyed some water fun this week!
Kaitlyn and her friend enjoyed squirting each other while washing the car Saturday.

We were the host for this weeks Wednesday activity with the neighbors, so we got out a pool, small water slide, sprinkler and water guns in our backyard.
Us adults plopped ourselves in front of a big fan that I pulled out into the yard under a shade tree.

We took the kids swimming over at my in-laws house on Monday and yesterday for the afternoon. The water was close to 90 degrees!  It felt refreshing compared to the air!
They got to swim today as well and will be there again for tomorrow while hubby and I are at work.  Luckily I have in-laws that don't seem to mind our pool invasions! 
I sure hope this mega-heat wave breaks before we go to the beach. . . .don't want to have to spend the entire time in the ocean!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We live in NY so we are in the same boat. Our pool was 90 degrees too yesterday!!! My husband and eldest son enjoyed some night swimming!! We went to the movies with the kids yesterday, I'm not sure how are beating the heat today!! Have a great Sunday!! Stay cool!!

Teresa said...

That is HOT! I love being in the water when it's hot outside. Thank goodness for your in-laws with the pool. I'd be there every day!

Rachel Joy said...

Water makes the summers go round!