Thursday, July 7, 2011

Boy Meets Grill: Pork Chops

These are pork chops with a caffeine kick! They are juicy and flavor-full with a coffee crust. Yes, I said coffee!
 This is another Sandra Lee recipe that Norm has perfected on the grill!

Red-Eye Rubbed Pork Chops
2 tbs. ground coffee
2 tbs. Sandra's Sassy All Purpose Rub (recipe below)
1 tbs. packed brown sugar
1 tbs. poultry seasoning
1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops, thick cut
your favorite bbq sauce

1. In a small bowl, combine coffee, All-Purpose Rub, brown sugar and poultry seasoning; set aside.
2. Rinse pork chops, pat dry. Rub and coat with dry mixture and place in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
3. Remove chops to stand at room temperature 20 minutes before grilling. Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat.  Spray grate with cooking oil.
4. Place chops on hot oiled grill,.  Cook 5 to 6 minutes per side or until only slightly pink in center or until juices run clear.
5.  Serve with your favorite bbq sauce on the side.
 
Sweet and Sassy All-Purpose Rub:
  • 2 (1.25-ounce) packets original chili seasoning
  • 3 tablespoons granulated garlic
  • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
  • 1 tablespoon salt-free all-purpose seasoning
  • 2 tablespoons sugar

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Oh, those look so good! I love coffee, but I admit I've never paired it with meat! I bet it's delicious, though. The funky food combinations always are!