Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Amish Country

Today (Monday) we had planned to drive out to Amish Country to spend the day at Dutch Wonderland.  Unfortunately, because of expected severe thunderstorms, and gloomy morning sky, we didn't go there.  We still headed out to Amish Country and went to Kitchen Kettle Village.  I love the drive out there-the rolling hills, the pretty houses, old barns and Amish homes, and the kids excitement to spot a horse and buggy riding down the road.
 It's just soo pretty out there!
It did not end up raining till 6:30pm so we were kicking ourselves for not going to Dutch Wonderland, but the kids had lots of fun anyway at Kitchen Kettle Village.  Here are LOTS of pictures to prove it:
  Apparently Derby was really hungry because he tried to eat Norm's shirt!
Tasting everything in the Jam and Relish Kitchen.
Decorating gingerbread cookies.
Eating gingerbread cookies.
Taking a buggy ride.
Sorry-picture overload! It was a great day!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love all the pics!
Last time we were in Amish country, I wish I had had my camera at the ready because we drove by a young Amish man standing in a field with his horse and plow ... while texting on his cell phone. HUH??? I was cracking up!!!

Julie said...

We LOVE Kitchen Kettle Village! I was just thinking about that place this morning!

Jennifer @ A Fine Romance said...

Looks like you had a great time, Kel! I have to get up there again soon. I don't think that my kids have ever been there and they would love it. Great pics!