Sunday, August 29, 2010

Twas the night before first and third grade.........

.......and the kids are in bed, (yay for early bedtimes again!) the clothes are laid out, lunches are made, forms filled out, supplies are sorted, labeled and in their back packs.
I have mixed emotions about the start of school this year.  It is the first year that the kids are both in the same school and are there all day.  There will be an eerie quiet in the house.  The kids have been at each others throats lately, so it will be a welcome peace, but I know as the week goes on I will feel sad and start to miss them.  Kaitlyn seems very excited for first grade, which also lets me know that my little girl is growing up. I will miss the one-on-one time I've had with her the last couple of years.  Each year gets harder for Nathan, which means harder for me too.  I'm worried that it won't be long before I'm scratching my head, trying to help him with his homework.....hopefully not this year.  On a positive note, I am now able to adjust my work schedule so that I can be home when the kids are home.  I have been waiting for years to be able to do that.  What a relief it is to know that I will be here to put them on the bus and will be home to get them off, do homework with them, make dinner every night and take them to their extra curricular activities.  I am very excited about that! Also, I will still have 3 weekdays home while the kids are in school, which means I can get back into crafting and get my cleaning, laundry, and errands done without taking time away from the kids.  I am so grateful for that as well.  Huge thank you to my Mom and In-laws for taking care of the kiddos all these years when I couldn't be here!  We have been so blessed that you were both willing to do that! Don't worry, your still needed!


Well, say a prayer for the my kiddos as they start 1st and 3rd grade tomorrow, and slip one in for me too, if you don't mind.  Tomorrow will be a long day!  At least Norm will be with me. 

No comments: