Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Reunited!

This past week, we have often seen a dog roaming the neighborhood.  Apparently their were fliers all over town of this missing dog, and she'd been hanging around here lately.  The kids spotted her on our deck the other morning, and later that day the owners came through the neighborhood with their contact info.  We figured if she was on our deck before maybe we could trap her in our fenced in yard if she came back again.  I looked out the window this morning and there she was laying in the grass in the back yard.  I went out the front door and went around and shut the gate and called the owner.  He came and got her and it was a happy reunion! She'd been missing for 2 weeks!  Luckily she seemed unharmed. The kids were so excited that we helped find the dog.  I think they feel like hereos.  I was just so happy to be able to help the owners...and the dog.  She will have a good dinner tonight and a warm cozy place to sleep.
I've done my good deed for today!...lol (Not that we are limited to one!)

Nathan and Kaitlyn with Bailey and her very happy owner, Brendan.

2 comments:

Jennifer @ A Fine Romance said...

Awesome girl! Can you imagine if you were that guy?! How happy you would be! I'm excited for Bailey and Brendan. : ) You go girl! Way to think on your feet.

Karen said...

How wonderful!!!! Mom