Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Its amazing what a little paint can do!

I told you previously, that I would show you some of the craft projects I've been doing while the kids are at school.  I get bored easily, but refuse to go out and spend a lot of money on redecorating.  So I shop the house for some stuff I can makeover, or I find things cheap at goodwill or yard sales.  Most of these re-do's just involved a little paint.
 Found this unfinished wood plaque at the Good Will for $1.50, painted it and used stencils that I made off of the computer, and made a house number plaque.

These, I already had. I like the gray, but thought the color of the plants would pop more if they were black. I used spray paint for plastic to paint them black and sanded the paint off the raised areas so the design would show.  I like them much better now, plus, they go with our black shutters and window boxes.

 
Found this at Goodwill alsoIt was more than I would normally spend for a picture with a frame in not such great shape, but it was the size I needed and I am impatient. :-/


I took it apart and used chalkboard spray paint right on the glass.  Painted and distressed the frame a bit and put it back together.  I have ideas for embellishing the frame a bit more....I'll get around to it sometime.


I had 2 of these country bumpkin plates.  This is what I did to one of them.


I did this freehand, but I think I will used a stencil or rub-ons for the next one.

Another Goodwill find (I think it was $4-ish) Wasn't crazy about the painted design, so I repainted it.
I encourage you to shop your home for things to transform before you go out and buy new decorations.  And think twice about an items possibilities, before you get rid of it. Of course it helps if you have some free time to do these things. If you don't, call me....I love doing this stuff!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are amazing! Did not know you were so crafty! Note--the big white presbyterian church does a big yard sale several times a year. They have a ton of good stuff to makeover priced very very cheap. I've donated a bunch of stuff to it myself. All the proceeds go to helping families in the area. Gotta go shopping there!

Karen said...

Nice work Kelly! You are so crafty and resourceful. I will have to come up with a list;)

Karen said...

I have such a crafty daughter!! There is something sentimental about things you transform from what you already have. Lots of times, they become treasures! You're a treasure Kelly!!! Mom

Karen said...

I have such a crafty daughter, but she didn't get it from me. There is something sentimental about taking something you already have and transforming it into a thing of beauty....it becomes a treasure! n You're a treasure Kelly!! Mom