Here is the after:
Drum roll please.....................
We removed the cabinet above the microwave, moved the microwave up and made a shelf above for my cookbooks.
We painted the cabinets ourselves (sooo NOT fun). We spray painted the old hardware that my in-laws took off of their cabinets, so all we had to buy were the hinges. The flooring was discounted because the color was being discontinued. Norm and his brother installed it. We added some trim work to the breakfast bar and corbels, that I found on Home Depot clearance for $2 a piece. I would say we spent about $2,600 for the entire redo. Of course we did not replace any appliances because ours were not old. Still, I'd say we did pretty well sticking to a budget!
We still want to replace our cheap doors with some (cheap) paneled doors...it will just look nicer.
Now we have to work on the rest of the house.....it just doesn't measure up to the kitchen!

3 comments:
Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!!
It looks fabulous!
Bravo! It looks great. I love the architectural details around the bar best I think. I like the shelf for the recipe books too though--making the microwave even with your cabinetry really makes things look more open somehow. Really really nice job!
Post a Comment