Monday, November 30, 2009

The Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

"This is the day that the Lord hath made; We will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

I certainly wasn't rejoicing today.  I had 3 goals for today.  Get caught up on laundry, finish my Christmas decorating, and order my free Christmas cards (courtesy of freebies4mom, and my neighbor Amy who sent me the link) before the promo ended today.
Well I won't go into detail, but everything was going wrong with all of that, and it had me in tears.....we're talkin' real tears!  I was so frustrated!  
At the end of the day, though I haven't accomplished everything I set out to do, and a lot went wrong....I'm thinking how silly it is that I was so upset over these things.
You know the saying "Don't cry over spilled milk"?  I'm pretty sure if I had spilled milk today I would have burst into tears.  Norm's day was equally frustrating since he was dealing with Christmas light issues....and my hissyfits.


Looking back on my last post .....all those things that I am thankful for are still true today. I am still blessed, so that makes it a good day!  I will rejoice and be glad in it....now that it's over!

Tomorrow is a new day! 

3 comments:

Lisa - Fine Sweet Life said...

If I can help make you feel a tiny bit better today, I way overspent on the kids this weekend, and I mean WAY. I hate all of my Christmas decorations. They look cheap and ugly. And Christmas lights?...Nick doesn't even have one day off anytime soon, so forget that! Is January here yet???

Karen said...

I hope today is a better day Kelly.

Karen said...

Just remember Kel, that God planned how your day would go long before today was here...and you are responsible for how you react when trials come. These things are meant to help us grow as Christians. They can make us stronger and help shape and build our character, or we can make satan happy by giving in to defeat. It's up to us. We all have bad days. Remember...don't worry about tomorrow...God's already there! Love you, Mom