Whoo! Our hermit crab finally bit the dust!!....I mean,.. so sad,.... poor Crabby is no longer with us. Ok, truth is, the thing lasted a lot longer than I ever thought it would when we bought it. Nathan's crab died within the first couple of weeks. The kids returned home from the mountains on Sunday night, and right before, as I was straightening Kaitlyn's room, I noticed that Crabby was sitting in his bone dry water bowl. I got some water and poured it in......usually he will wake up and come out of his shell then...so when I picked him up and he was half out already and didn't pull back in....I knew it wasn't a good sign. Yep....he was dead alright. I guess I was a bit neglectful while the kids were away. No...It wasn't on purpose. Kaitlyn was good at taking care of him and giving him food and water and she had just filled his water the day she left. I guess all the heat this weekend evaporated it very fast. Ooops! Ok, I never liked the thing, but Kaitlyn was sad when she found out so I felt bad. Oh well, maybe it was just his time! Today, Kaitlyn and I buried her hermit crab in the way back of our yard. (Yes...we meant to do this yesterday morning, and we all forgot...until I went in her room this morning and smelled something yucky....gross!) He was stuck in the shell, and I wasn't about to pull his crustaceous, alien-like body out of the shell, so we buried him, shell and all. We put his spare shell on top of the grave. Hopefully he's deep enough that all the kids don't dig him up!

Crabby 06/07-05/09
Wow-3 post in one day! Gotta do it while I'm in the mood!
1 comment:
so sorry about poor Crabby ... I sure hope the kids don't dig him up in their quest to find worms and bugs!
Post a Comment