Thursday, May 14, 2009
Catching up
I've been soo busy lately painting our kitchen cabinets (which,by the way, is a pain in the rear) and trying to do all the other regular stuff I need to do that I've been too exhausted at night to blog.
So.....going back a few days....
Mothers Day was very nice. My Mom was supposed to have chemo the Monday before, but didn't get it because of an elevated white blood count because of a UTI. It ended up being a blessing since, then she felt decent for Mothers day and for my niece, Kayla's birthday party the day before. So Mother's Day morning Nathan had gotten up early to make me a card and Kaitlyn made one too. Norm made me breakfast and he and the kids gave me a really nice bird feeder for a gift. After church, we had a cookout here for Mom. Jason and his family came down too. I'm soo glad Mom was feeling good for this and able to enjoy the time with her children and grandchildren and I enjoyed the time with her. I didn't get many pictures, because I was too busy being hostess, but here is one of Mom opening the photo book we made her of her grandchildren. The kids gave her that one.
After everyone left, we had enough of the day to ourselves to do something. We went to one of the kids favorite places...the piggy farm, for the first time this year and then we went to a playground for a while. It was a very nice Mothers Day!
I thank God for giving me such a wonderful Mom. I love you!!! And I thank God for giving me such wonderful children. What more could I want for Mothers Day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment